1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! reports UConn violated recruiting rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Loved the "(I) can't get Yahoo . . . " line.

Uh? Eh?

No denial? Full steam ahead.

2. They know they're fucked.
    They're riding it out through the tournament and hoping for the best...while Geno Auriemma giggles horribly and fries up another baby to eat.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Clown.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I was thinking about this last night. If Calhoun stepped down/resigned at gunpoint and the UConn brass decided to go outside of the Calhoun coaching tree for the replacement, who would the leading contenders be?

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

That made ME giggle. And yeah, that Wojnarowski guy does a pretty good job of blogging from his parents' basement, no? Oh, brother. Nice try, Calhoun.

Sic 'em, Woj.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When did this break and when did Calhoun become ill and could not coach?

7. PopeDirkBenedict

Broke this week. Calhoun was ill on Thursday.

8. Had to know it was coming, though.

9. PopeDirkBenedict

Definitely. I'm sure that once the UConn lawyers saw no way around the FOIA request, the "Round The Wagons And Tell People He Was A Nice Guy But I Didn't Know Him Very Well" bat signal went through the athletics department.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Is the FOIA request specific to just this investigation? If not, I bet Weitzel and company can connect the dots on other recruits and calls.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

All right, I will type it...

Do you think the "get sick for a night or two and earn some sympathy" card was played?

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I suppose if there's any good news for UConn, it's the fact that the allegations surround Nate Miles, who was expelled and never played a game...which theoretically would rule out game forfeitures.

However, the former team manager implicated is reputed to be somewhat of a sleazeball, so who knows what other skeletons may be in that closet.

Draft saved Draft deleted