1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo overtakes ESPN...four weeks and running

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Scribbled_Notz, Oct 21, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Keep it simple, stupid.

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Passan tracked down George Brett last night after the latest Pine Tar Incident. Nice work.

Too many Syracuse people name drop the fuck out of him, though. Dudes, we get it. You're in with the in crowd.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Easiest to navigate on a crappy old computer
    1 Yahoo

2 ESPN
    3 Sportsline

Yahoo is far and away tops for fantasy sports. Love the simplicity.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I didn't graduate from there. Fucking hated it so I transfered. I knew him from the school paper. The fact that he has become successful so young and I'm lazy and haven't makes me jealous is all.

5. tommyp

tommyp Member

Well, of course it helps your unique visitor total, ESPN, when the top headline on your home page misspells Hasselbeck, and has for the past hour-plus.

(Edit: ESPN's error fixed as of 8:28 pm ET)

6. tommyp

tommyp Member

Also on the topic, anyone checking out AOL Sports?

7. schrdp2002

schrdp2002 Member

I'm a yahoo user because of its fantasy football and user-friendly design. Espn takes too long to load.

8. enigami

enigami Member

Agreed that this is great news from a competition standpoint. If this coaxes ESPN to NOT CHARGE TO READ ITS BEST WRITERS, all the better. Alas, Yahoo Sports will sooner start charging for content ... not sure where they'd start, though. Passan? I can't remember a single one of his columns that stayed with me for more than 5 minutes.

I still hit up SI.com because they have the best writing top to bottom. I wouldn't trust them to break anything, though.

I'll go to sportsline.com for Ray Ratto; probably nothing else.

9. slipshod

slipshod Member

For what it's worth, Yahoo is now AP's biggest paying customer. It also has Reuters and Sportsticker.

Draft saved Draft deleted