1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Tom Pinch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So PM me then! Duh.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Gangsta' mail.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yahoo mail is just fine. No, I haven't used gmail, but haven't had the necessity to change.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Plus, gmail has instant chatting with your friends who are also logged in to gmail at the same time. So if you or your friend can't download chat messengers, you can still talk through gmail in a popup window.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You mean Yahoo-with-the-advertagline-on-every-message-and-the-crappy-spam-filtering mail? That Yahoo mail? Hardly use it anymore. Can't imagine why.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I agree. Gmail is better than any e-mail program I've ever used and MUCH better than Yahoo mail in so many ways.

7. Songbird

Well, then, I stand corrected.

8. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

From time to time, I do have trouble sending from it. The messages are sent and appear in the sent mail folder but are never received at the other end.

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I'll fifteenth this notion. I signed up for Gmail when it first came out, rarely used it, and then have started to use it a lot lately. It's revolutionary and so easy to use. Of course, it's Google.

10. Songbird

Google = $500/share.

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Gmail is amazing, and the gmail notifier means I automatically know when I have new mail. I don't check my mail. It checks itself.

12. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

The Yahoo! toolbar for Firefox works the same way, plus has a button for Fantasy Sports and two customized buttons (Google and SportsJournalists.com).

Draft saved Draft deleted