1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo is getting serious ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kaisersoze, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Still. They couldn't clean it up?

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

my guess is that those pages are automated and yahoo editors can't edit them. just like those automated AP stories on many papers' sites.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh. Well, it is still a pretty terrible read. Not a ringing endorsement for Colorado's j-school.

4. rascalface

rascalface Member

I'm sure you wrote nothing but sparkling, singing copy when you were in j-school. Give the kid a break.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yep, I sure did write some shit in college, but that article is pretty terrible.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He touch a nerve?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I read my j-school stuff today and cringe. But none of it was put on a national website (OK, partially because the web was an itty-bitty baby back then, but I digress). Even if that's an automatic link for yahoo...well, they need new automatic links. Pronto.

8. rascalface

rascalface Member

No, no nerve touching. Just wondering what purpose it serves to quasi-publicly ridicule a student writing for a campus newspaper, that's all.

Of course, folks around here would probably howl and taunt their 8-year-old if he couldn't figure out his math homework.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

1988 just called and wants its thread title back. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well I initially posted it because I didn't know that it was apart of some college network. And I'm sorry there is shitty writing and then there is putting scores backward. Nothing like saying Colorado was losing 6-16 in the third quarter.
    That's basic sports writing.

Draft saved Draft deleted