1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! Help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Jul 13, 2007.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I tried to sign into my Yahoo! e-mail today, and it said my account has been deleted.

The message also said that I must not have logged into my account for four months (I signed in last night) or I requested that my account be deleted.

I tried to find a phone number (because they can't send me an e-mail) and couldn't.

Any suggestions?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

create a new account and explain what happened with the old account; all I gots...

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I don't use Excite anymore but have an account. When 3-4 months pass, the account goes inactive, but when you finally log on again it gives you the option to reactivate the account. Not sure if Yahoo does the same thing.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've had problems with my yahoo mail before (not this particular problem, though). Have you tried deleting your cookies? Can you try to log on on a different computer? Are you absolutely sure you typed in your logon and password correctly?

If all else fails, I'd email their customer care from another account. They've been pretty responsive to me in the past.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I had the same thing happen with my Hotmail account. Didn't sign in to it for like 2-3 months. When I did sign in again, it let me reactivate, but whatever mail I had in there had been deleted (which was ok, since I really didn't have anything important in there).

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I had to pay a bill by a certain time today, so I just went ahead and reactivated the account. I lost all of my contacts and saved e-mails, so I'm pretty bummed about that.

Oh well, there were only two that I really wanted to save anyways. One was a video of Dr. J winning a Chef competition at our local ballpark.

PBS shot it for a cooking show and the producer just e-mailed me a copy. Oh well.

Draft saved Draft deleted