1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! Front Page Sports Producer, Santa Monica, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Sandman, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Sandman

Sandman Member

From the Yahoo! career site

It sounds like this job isn't completely under the umbrella of Dave Morgan and Yahoo! Sports. Can any Yahoo people clarify?

2. Mmmm_Donuts

Mmmm_Donuts Member

Was this job posting dated?

3. Sandman

Sandman Member

On the Yahoo! career site, it's says the date posted was July 12, but I know I saw it about a week earlier than that.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do they give you a test on "what's cool"?

5. They ask you to name The Paparazzi 4 ;D

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark.

7. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Forgive my ignance here, but are other arms of Yahoo editorial as potent as sports? I know they have that one Kevin guy going off to war zones, but what else do they offer? There's no way they have the breadth that sports does.

8. Sandman

Sandman Member

Kind of surprised no one has any insight to offer. I'm still curious to know if this position reports to Morgan or maybe the executive editor of the entire site. Internet sites are funny in that it always seems to be difficult to find a masthead.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Santa Monica is fun fun fun.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Santa Monica is MUCH different now than when kids who now are in their 50s grew up there. No, it's not the same as when it was when Dogtown the the Z Boys surfed and skateboarded to prominence.
    The Third Street Promenade cooks, but the homeless don't and they're continually in your face. Housing prices ... forget it.
    Yet, this is a town that couldn't/wouldn't support its local paper, which folded in 1998, although Copley/Breeze mismanagement was the major contributor.

11. Sandman

Sandman Member

Wanted to give this a little more run on the front page. Anybody know anything?

12. Position filled, by the latest person to jump off the NBCSports.com ship as it sinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted