1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo e-mail question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Board Stiff, Nov 15, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, she was really on this cocaine-heroin binge. I mean, a really fucked up kind of binge. She wouldn't talk to her children, my father or even my grandma -- and everyone loves my grandma ... you know, like Raymond but older and more awesome. She'd even run up and kick the family dog for no fucking reason. Seriously, we'd be eating dinner, and she'd get up, walk toward the dog, stop in front of her, then make like a Adam Fucking Vinatieri and back up two steps and move a couple paces to the left ... then whack -- the dog's in my brother's room. I mean, the kick was good, but it was a little on the cruel side, you know?

Anyway, she got real tweaked one day because she couldn't find her big box-o-needles. So she opens her email account, the one I set up for her -- strungoutmomlookingforafix@gmail.com -- to see if a friend could bring some over.

But before she began writing her e-mail, she saw one of those news stories that scrolls on top of the inbox. It read: "Reuters: Internet-order clown entertains thousands with obscene balloon tricks." Somehow it touched her and she hasn't taken drugs since.

Thank you, Gmail. Thank you for saving my family.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

G-Mail is what we thought it was.

3. Board Stiff

Board Stiff Member

I could be wrong, but I'm kinda getting the impression Gmail is the way to go ;)

4. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

i hate Yahoo!

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If you like your mom, you'll use Gmail.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

go ahead and crown its ass!

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Denny, wait ... wait ... I've got a question for you. ...

Fuck.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Am I the only one attached to the Yahoo account I've had since 1997?

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Gmail is not afraid of the dark. The dark is afraid of Gmail.

And no, BYH, I too have stuck with Yahoo for many, many years.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I have the Yahoo account I've had since about 1998 and I have a G-mail account. I use the Yahoo one all the time (it's even the one the teams I cover send e-mail to instead of the old_tony@failingnewspaper.com work address) and have never had a complaint. I haven't given out the g-mail address to anyone and don't receive anything there. I loves me Yahoo e-mail.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, good, I'm not alone. I mean, I like having 10 years worth of stuff a click away.

Someone earlier was complaining about the search function at Yahoo mail...I actually think it's better than ever. I rarely have trouble narrowing my search down to quickly find what I want.

Did any of you guys subscribe to yahoo mail plus back in the day? 25 GB, what a concept. Of course, since they went unlimited, I haven't cleaned my Inbox once. That's this winter's project. Or next winter's.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've also got a Yahoo! account. It's one of four e-mail accounts I've got: Hotmail (my first), Yahoo! (for fantasy sports and junk mail), my work account (for work) and Gmail (the clean-up hitter).

Draft saved Draft deleted