1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! CEO's resume padding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, May 9, 2012.

1. yawho?

yawho? New Member

He hasn't. He's been an unmitigated disaster.

2. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

Winner

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I suspect we would be shocked at how many people lie, or at least exagerrate, on their resumes.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is getting pretty hilarious: The CEO is telling employees that he didn't lie on his resume ... because he never gave anyone a resume!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2012/05/10/businessinsiderexlusive-heres-how-y.DTL

According to this version, he was initially hired into the group by PayPal, and the executive search firm crafted a document that credited him with a computer science degree. Then the document just kind of stayed in the system all the way up until his promotion to CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world, and he never once reviewed it.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Actually, that's pretty plausible.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Another big shareholder signaled today it would not support keeping him on. The foot-dragging has now reached a week. We'll see if there's an announcement after hours Friday night.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Wasn't there a Division I SID or assistant SID who was fired a few years back because he/she compiled a coach's bio from the media guides at previous stops, and that information turned out to be incorrect? The coach didn't "falsify" his resume ... but the SID office mistakenly did it for him.

I seem to recall someone getting fired from Georgia Tech (or some other Tech), but I could just be confusing that with O'Leary. Not finding anything on a Google search, but I seem to remember a mention of that firing here.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He gone:

9. MileHigh

No announcement has been made to employees as of yet.

10. MileHigh

And official.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yahoo-says-ross-levinsohn-interim-193000788.html

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Over/Under on Thompson's golden parachute after four months on the job ... $2 million.

12. MileHigh

Over. By a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted