1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo CEO: No more working remote -- get to the office or quit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 25, 2013.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

40 percent of employees working in their pajamas. 20 consecutive quarters of decline. Probably just a coincidence

EDIT: I work from home occasionally and I can definitely be more productive in some respects. But as far as brainstorming and ideation, nothing beats the knee jerk ability to just pop by someone's desk and bounce ideas, as opposed to writing things down and sending via email or to some shared site. 40 percent of people working from home at a place predicated on bringing ideas to life -- or was that GE? -- seems like a bad dynamic.

Working from home is great -- as an option. Like when it snows three feet or my daughter is sick or some other variable comes into play. As a default, though, it simply doesn't work for a lot of industries or professions. Not all; but many.

I do corporate comms and my boss used to work from home for 10 plus years in San Diego. When the edict came down to trim the fat, who do you think got cut? Him. Out of sight is often out of mind, fair or not.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted