1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

xmas for our best friends

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Nov 21, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

do you get xmas gifts and goodies for your favorite puppy dog or kitty cat?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I continue to feed them so they won't starve.

Merry Christmas.

3. txsportsscribe

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Yeah, my parents' dog (who I picked out and, in true empty nester fashion, they refer to as my brother) usually gets a new toy or special treat/snack from me. My cat usually gets either a new toy or a day-long catnip high.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll admit it. I buy gifts for my cat (usually catnip and a toy) and my parents' dog (including, one year, two pairs of baby shoes so she wouldn't get cold feet going out in winter -- mistake. they were way too heavy, she looked at me like judas escariot when i put them on her). Anyway, I guess I'm a sap.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pet mouse for my cat. Hours of entertainment.

7. txsportsscribe

live?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Holy shiat! Someone else does that, too?

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The dog gets a full bowl of turkey with all the trimmings as well as gifts under the tree.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

The local supermarket sometimes sells those huge soup bones (I think they're cow femurs or something) so sometimes I get one of those to give to the dog. She kind of goes crazy with it.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I usually bring back a big bone for both of my parent's yellow labs. Keeps their attention drawn long enough for the rest of us to get through the whole present opening deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted