1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XM/Sirius merger...what stays?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jun 27, 2008.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I called the other day to "add Sirius to my existing XM, for only $5 more dollars a month"
    Or so I thought.
    They told me, "Hey - you qualify for a new, already-activated" radio which we'll mail you.
    "Cool," I said.
    What it turns out to be is just 5 channels of Sirius. Not all of them
    No Grateful Dead channel.
    Howard Stern, yes, and NFL
    So, now I've got a second radio at my work desk and it can be moved back and forth from my living room, plus the one in my car.
    It's worth it. Good info and music channels.
    Worth the $40 per quarter that I pay.
    Eventually, they tell me, all the Sirius and XM will be available to everyone.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

In a little more than 9 hours you won't be listening to it.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Change doesn't happen til midnight.

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

NO!!!!

Fine, I'm going to get the home kit & listen to Lucy non stop while she still exists.

And then I will go into mourning.

5. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

OK, I'm seriously worried at this point. I never did the upgrade to add the best of Sirius. Are my radio and all my favorite channels really going to self-destruct at midnight?

6. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm scared to click on that link ...

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That's your new channel lineup.

The Best of Sirius only includes Stern, NFL, NASCAR, Martha Stewart & Playboy.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Fred, Ethel and Lucy all gone, replaced by the Sirius versions, I guess, although not really Fred. Now that is '70s and '80s alternative. The old 46 and 49 rock channels also replaced (now '60s and '70s classic rock and '70s and '80s classic rock). I guess no one has rocked since.

Looks like the comedy channels - or at least the one I listen to - are now Sirius, too.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Playboy radio? Talk about your d*ck-teases.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

But what if I haven't upgraded to the best of Sirius?? I am really starting to freak out a little here.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You can relax ... you get all of that in yellow on the above PDF. If you want to upgrade to best of Sirius for an extra $5, you get the blue content.

Draft saved Draft deleted