1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XM/Sirius merger...what stays?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jun 27, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I love my XM, but that's the biggest problem: playlists a mile wide and an inch deep.

They play a huge variety of artists... but play only the same songs FROM those artists, over and over and over and over...

A couple months ago, I got an XM survey, the same one everyone else I assume received. I was looking forward to pointing this flaw out ... but I never got the chance.

Instead, it was all demographics, something some suit could take to prospective advertisers to break the never-ending cycle of Chet Holmes-Maxoderm-Cheeseball Online College-Ever Cleanse ads that we're subjected to on an endless loop.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thanks for that, you fuck. Now I'm gonna see that botoxed face in my sleep. Revenge will be mine!

And he really has the rick.com domain. That depresses me to no end, that such an obvious domain remained out there for Rick fucking Dees to obtain. Damn you to hell, Rick Astley and Rick Springfield and Rick Schroeder!

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You're one to talk, assface. BYH.com is available as we speak.

4. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

I dont think any channels are going anywhere.

From what I understand, that if you're a current XM or Sirius subscriber nothing will change for you as long as you keep the current equipment.

After the merger, they are supposed to release new technology which will be capable of receiving XM and Sirius signals. You can register to receive either XM or Sirius, and then get an Ala Carte package from the other if you wish.

For example, I sign up with XM and then purchase the NFL package on Sirius as part of my ala carte deal. Or I sign up with Sirius and then get the MLB package on XM as the ala carte.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I don't care what they do as long as Octane (20), Blue Collar Comedy (103), Playboy Radio (108) and Raw Dog aren't changed and as long as the type of music played on Faction (21 I believe), Sirius Hits 1 (1) and the Pulse (9) are still available.

Oh, and if they get rid of that annoying "See You Next Tuesday" DJ Ellis from Faction, I'd be in heaven.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

There should be a Chet Coppock channel.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll be happy when I can listen to Opie and Anthony when Stern is on vacation and/or Fridays.

They better keep Raw Dog.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I hope you're right about new tech. I just bought an Inno2 a month or so ago, and just got the antenna headphones in the mail a week ago.

It's hard to fathom how anyone could have engineered such uncomfortable headphones. I would think anyone even halfway trying could have done a better job. Hell, I know nothing about sound/wiring/headphones/sat receivers and I'm temped the cut the pieces of crap up and try and craft a pair that doesn't stab into my brain.

Now really doesn't seem like the best time to buy a radio. I only did because a great deal on Woot. I think pretty much everything out there is about three years old now. iPods have undergone about four overhauls in those three years.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

An Ed Randall channel, too.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

No, because I like the Saskatchewan Roughriders. =oP (And they weren't on last week because Sirius only plays Friday night games)

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Fuck! No Lucy.

Draft saved Draft deleted