1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XM/Sirius merger...what stays?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jun 27, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

[​IMG]

Lucy? Ethel? Fred? Get it?

(But as far as I know, there is no Ricky channel, which is weird.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Outlaw Country on Sirius is not as good as X Country on XM. The blues channels are about equal, as are the channels for real jazz.

But if Radio Margaritaville goes anywhere, I'm gonna have no choice but to open this up ...

[​IMG]

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

A friend of mine has XM. We were recently making a trip to a baseball game, and he said the Sirius Outlaw Country blew away anything on XM.

The fact that two Jerry Reed songs were played within a 15-minute span had something do with it. Plus, he said the XM stuff is too PG, and that they won't play stuff like "Cocaine Blues."

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Yeah, but they play this Ricky on XM 9 sometimes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

[​IMG] as well.

Judging by the playlists from Hair Nation, I hope the Boneyard wins out, although that needs some work as well.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

I've had XM for 6.5 years, literally since day 1.
    There are some Sirius channels that sound interesting and at one time I was against the merger but it appears inevitable so bring it on.
    I admit, the 70s channel (the one I listen to 80 % of the time) is getting too repititive.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

The merger better create room for the all-AT40 station.

I'd listen to that all day and night.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I did not know this until last week, but one of the pop channels (30, maybe?) plays THE RICK DEES WEEKLY TOP 40. Not old ones, NEW ones. That asswipe's still in business. Fucking Disco Duck ...

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's unpossible. First of all, there aren't 40 new songs TO PLAY. "This week, at no. 39, down a spot from last week, in its 520th week on the charts, it's Third Eye Blind's Jumper."

Secondly, Rick Dees sucked copious amounts of fail 20 years ago. He created the worst talk show I've ever seen. He made Magic Johnson and Chevy Chase look like Carson (Johnny, not Daly). There's no way anyone is still employing him. None.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I've noticed that too on the 80s channel (which is what I listen to 80 percent of the time). It is somewhat repetitive.
    Even more repetitive is that they will play a lot of the same artist frequently. Like I can hear 3-4 Madonna or Prince songs within the same hour.

And yea, Storm, The Boneyard better stay, maybe with a tweak here or there.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

When I was driving down to DC, I heard many artists played within a couple of hours of each other (Eagles, Donna Summer), which should not happen.
    As you could guess, a AT40 channel would be incredible. Rick Dees does nothing for me.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Would that I were joking. Unfortunately ...

http://www.rick.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted