1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XM Question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've been an XM subsciber for 4 years and I seem to recall that my deal included up to 5 radios.

XM is telling me that never was the case and that each additional radio is 6.99 per month.

Anyone with better memory than I know the deal?

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I've always known it to be a certain amount of extra $ per radio.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yep. Called once about getting a second radio. One of those that mount under the cabinet in the kitchen. I politely declined.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's always been an extra charge for additional radios. I thought it was $5 per month but maybe it's gone up.

There is a limit on how many radios you can have on one account though. Once you reach that limit you have to pay for a new account if you want to add a radio.

5. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I can't really talk any of my friends into this, but i already have five friends that are doing it.

They got one account and then added on extra radios to help cut the cost. They got the idea when one person's parents got a Sirius for all her kids. Once she said anybody could have done it, they didn't make me prove you were my kids.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

First radio is $12.99, second through fifth is $6.99. Six and up is $12.99 again.
    My wife and I each have one, so we pay $19.98 a month.
    Even after the merger, it's worth it.

Draft saved Draft deleted