1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XM Baseball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's me!

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me what happened here. I started XM thread in sports, went out to a meeting and come back and see it was moved to anything goes and seems to have been cross wired .

Label me confused.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

All I know is, I never even knew who sang that song about the rags and the dogs, and now no one wants to talk about it with me.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Show me your rack and I'll take jack

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Was it Archie Bell and the Drells? From Houston Texas? They can dance just as good as they can sing.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

What does this have to do with XM baseball ???

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did my fellow XM baseball addicts hear the great news? XM 200 will be the "Baseball Classic" station starting soon (might even be this coming week). The station will feature everything from classic ballgames to songs and comedy skits about baseball and everything in between.

Can. Not. Wait.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If they play that Willie, Mick & The Duke song?

I'm going to veer my car into innocent bystanders, toss my XM Roady at the cops, and hop an oil tanker bound for Gambia.

God I hate that song.

But the channel sounds interesting nonetheless. I want an entire anti-Hawk Harrelson day, detailing all of the times the White Sox lost on game-winning home runs.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That reminds me.

ESPN Classic will never be what it can be until it looks harder for some old, old baseball telecasts, like black-and-white from the '50s and '60s.

I would stop to watch that. A 2001 game, not so much.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I got XM for one reason _ baseball.

Nothing better than Vin Scully on a spring night.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

Before ESPN bought Classic, they did show some old 50s games, mostly Yankee-Dodger WS games (1952 comes to mind).
    They even aired a Happy Felton's Knothole Gang show.
    Now they show 5 year-old bowling and poker.
    What a waste.
    I never watch Classic any more.

Draft saved Draft deleted