1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XM Baseball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Getting gas at local quick mart go inside to grab the Post. Go to pay and man behind counter in broken english asks if I want a drink with my newspaper. No I tell him -- If I wanted a drink I would have gotten on.

Go to the bank to have some change counted. While I'm waiting teller asks if I want a money market account or equity loan.

Go to CVS I am asked if I have a CVS card.

Go to Sports Authority to buy some under armour and pay cash. Cashier wants to know my address. For what I ask - answer - marketing info. Give her 1600 Penn ave as address.

The point - I am sick and tired of going places for simple things and being asked to buy things I don't want. If I wanted them I would have picked them out.

I want to start a nationwide backlash and want to enlist the help of all at SJ. Are you on board

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I miss The Band.

We are working to magically make them reappear.

Meanwhile, I think I managed to split "Up Sell" and this thread. If you think XM should be back in Sports and News, ask Moddy or Flying Headbutt to move it. I think if I try to move it after it's already been moved once, the universe might explode. Some kind of matter vs. anti-matter thing.

Boom, I think The Band is MIA. Do you mind starting that one again on the Anything Goes board? I really liked that thread and hate to see it vanish.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can someone explain why this was moved from "Sports & News"?

And why does it matter where it is?

The board titles are wrong anyway.

Stupid topics like how Rachel Ray is demonstrably hot could be on one board called "Frivolous Crap" and then we could have a "Serious Stuff" board which would include all things political and of course, all Boom's topics. :)

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is Rachel provably hot or demonstrably hot? Hell, that's probably a thread of its own.

5. Johnny Dangerously

I am not even sure if the definition of Sports and News (sports and news events) means "sports and news events" or "sports events and news events." If it's the latter, subtext sports discussions would then seem to go on Anything Goes.

But that doesn't ring true with many other topics on Sports and News.

Moddy moved XM Baseball to Anything Goes. I am sure he had his reasons. I think he was trying to move the thread on The Band and the "Up Sell" thread to Anything Goes, and somehow The Band disappeared. It sure has made for an exciting morning, hasn't it?

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The niiiiiight Moddy tore The Band thread down...
    The niiiiiight Moddy tore The Band thread down...

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My head just exploded.

8. Johnny Dangerously

My work here is done.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did XM try to upsell you?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I didn't do shit to the band thread. Don't pin that on me.
    This was the Up Sell thread with the title changed to make it look like sports. So it got moved.
    The band thread? No fucking clue.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Left the state basketball championships last night with a two-hour drive ahead of me, and I knew what I wanted, and I got what I wanted.

Rangers vs. Brewers from Surprise, Ariz., just starting. Kept me company the whole way home.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Heavy-handed dickhead.

Draft saved Draft deleted