1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XBox 360 question...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Dec 25, 2009.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

For my 360, I use the wireless adapter that was sold for the original Xbox. Cost half as much, works just as well. I think I just needed to download a software upgrade when I first plugged it in, but that was about it.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Spinited and I are playing chess by mail.

Is that kinda the same thing as Xbox? :)

3. I bought the MadCatz adapter for a new XBox 360 and I cannot get it to connect to my router. I have a G, and the MadCatz is N, but says it's G compatible. Anyone have any idea? Should I return it for the XBox adapter?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am trying to hook up x box direct to my modem but it will not pick up IP address either via auto or when I enter manually.

Anyone else have this trouble?

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Don't forget that once you buy the adapter, you also have to buy an Xbox Live subscription. I believe they go for $99 a year. One of the best things about the subscription is that you can download all sorts of free game demos, so that either you don't have to buy a game, or you can try out a game first before you buy it.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

$49.95 per year for gold membership on XBL.

Silver is free, but you are severely limited in games you can play online and stuff you can download.

Storm Surge will back me up on this. It's money very well spent to go gold.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Thanks for the correct info on the price. Yes, you definitely want to go gold.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I can't remember which store's ad I was reading earlier, but one of them has a 12-month gold subscription card for $39.95 right now.

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

You don't need to buy a subscription, you can have a Silver membership for free. However, the Gold has a lot of privileges.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

The $5 or so per month it breaks out to for Gold is worth every cent. If you have a 360 & are connected to Live, you're basically using about 20% of the machine's abilities.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Oh, you crazy old folks. ;)

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Keep on the lookout for deals for XBL. I keep seeing 12-month subscriptions going for $29.99-34.99 on the deal sites.

Draft saved Draft deleted