1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XBox 360 question...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mornin everyone!

Santa brought the Rosie family an XBox 360. And as I've been looking through the manual, I cannot see any way to wirelessly connect to the router. Since many of you are more well-versed in this gaming stuff...if you could let me know if this is possible, or if I have to buy more accessories...

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

There is no built in wireless for the 360. You can buy one for about $100 or do what I do and use your laptop as a wireless bridge to your router. You basically just plug the ethernet cable from your 360 to the laptop and adjust some network settings and your good to go.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shit. I didn't know you could do that.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mr. Rosie has already put an Ebay bid on an adapter. :)

I don't know who's more excited about the XBox - the kids or the hubby!

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

That's a great gift Rosie! Share your gamertag once you get online. It's a great little machine.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Rosebud just talked me into playing a little bit of "Lego Batman" with her. (That game came with the set and the almost adult Rosie kids have reverted to little kids - it's been great.)

I haven't played a gaming console since the original Mario Brothers Nintendo thingy came out.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

That last sentence might have been the most adorable one ever written on this site.

Outside of the time someone wrote "Finish on her grill," of course.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Please don't forget the vats of dong.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

An alternative idea to the laptop network sharing plan as well as buying a $100 X-Box wireless adapter is to buy a wireless access point. You can grab them for about $30 or less. You configure that to hit your wireless router and then use the cable to plug your X-box into that.

Each access point is different. I mention this because I don’t think a hub or crossover cable needs to be involved, but you might want to check that.

11. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Do NOT buy a $100 XBox wireless adapter in a store. You can find exactly what you need on Amazon or EBay. I bought one from my brother for $20. You should easily be able to find one online for around $30.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Relax, Sneed. Being the computer nerd and clearance shopper that I am, I would never pay full price for such an item. :)

Mr. Rosie thinks he may have a wireless adapter at work that we can use for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted