1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XBox 360 nerd alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Kid Bro Sweets, Nov 12, 2007.

1. XBox Live is down and has been since 6 p.m. Allegedly will be back up around 2 a.m.

Must get Rainbow Six fix ... must get Rainbow Six fix ...

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How much does XBox Live cost a year? And how much would it cost to make it so my 360 can connect to wireless?

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Xbox Live is working for me.

There's a scheduled outage for midnight Pacific (four hours from now).

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/12/xbox-live-maintenance-11-13.aspx

Angola!: A silver membership is free, gold is $49.99 for a year. There are deals out there as well. Money well spent, IMHO.

Here's a breakdown on plans:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/memberships/

As for wireless, there's a wireless adapter you can purchase for $99.99. I'm not sure if any 'ol wireless adapter will work. I prefer to be wired for gaming.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

FIFA 08 for the 360 has kept me entertained for weeks. My girlfriend is 100 miles away, and I look at too many words during the day to enjoy reading every night.

I'm debating whether to get the $100 wireless kit and 360 live membership ... of just get a Wii for $250. Leaning toward the Wii. The bowling alone on that thing is worth the $250, and I've heard nothing but good things from people who have one.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

As an aside, as someone who loves his video games, how many freaking threads do we need to discuss them?

6. I started this one only to alert you all to the XBox Live issues. The service has been a mess for the past two days. Sorry for the overlap.

ALSO: I use wireless exclusively. I'd use a hard line if I could.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

XBox 360 users are "nerds"? :eek:

Boy, you learn something new everyday ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted