1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Games - hellacious skateboard crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Much like the journalism field?

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I heard this too. I heard "internal bleeding and liver damage." Never heard the lung specifically mentioned. But it wouldn't surprise me and it's probably correct.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I feel bad that I laughed my ass off at that.

Oh who am I kidding? I don't feel bad at all.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hellooooo? Wide World of Sports, anyone? That agony-of-defeat ski crash that was used to market the show for years and years? I guess that's OK, accepted, and part of the cultural history, but since this crazy new stuff the kids are doing today hasn't been around that long, we should expect a death any day now and then shut the sport down.

5. Faithless

Faithless Member

Seeing the fall reminds me of a quote I got from a skaterkid after seeing a friend complete a rather risky trick:

"Dude, that was sick!"

Jake Brown's fall was sick. Surviving it will make him an extreme sports legend.

6. Faithless

Faithless Member

Did the death of Chuck Hughes shut down the NFL or Al Lucas's death bring Arena Football to an end?

Will the death of Mike Coolbaugh lead to the shut down of minor league baseball?

Draft saved Draft deleted