1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Games - hellacious skateboard crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a good story, though. When you cover things like that as a newspaper reporter, you don't necessarily know that the image is -- or is going to be -- all over TV and the web so it's easy to underplay stuff like that.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'm surpised the dude didn't snap one or both ankles, considering how he landed. I got a headache just watching that.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I remember Tommy Lee fell from the ceiling at the old New Haven Coliseum during one of his silly drum solos on the Dr. Feelgood tour. Landed on his feet but ended up with a concussion. I guess that's similiar to this.

Except he got all sorts of Hollywood ass and I doubt X-Games Guy Living With His Mom has nailed Heather Locklear.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I saw that on T.V. last night. I normally don't watch the X-Games, but it was on at the bar I went to. That was scary stuff, but he pulled off a brilliant run just two runs prior ot that.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Obviously you've never been to an extreme sports competition. Once those dudes step off the course or ramps, the women flock. It's amazing to see. They really are celebrities.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Those are young dudes that make a lot of dough, have really risky jobs and like to party. You know they get crazy ass.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Exactly. And most of them I've dealt with are cocky pricks. Now, how many young women don't want rich, arrogant douche bags?

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I was waiting for someone to work in The Toe.

9. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Really, that's what women want? Guess I just got to work on the rich and arrogant part and I'm set.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I think there was about three full seconds there where he knew he was going to bite it. Hard.

I doubt he remembers, but what the fuck can be going through your mind in that brief moment?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It looked like he turned his body so he would land on his side, more than his legs. Not sure if that was smart or not, but I can't imagine the pain when he landed.

Also, as far as his condition I saw on the ESPN crawl that he is still in the hospital with damage to a lung and his liver.

12. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

I'm guessing in the extreme sports world, that liver damage may have been a preexisting condition

Draft saved Draft deleted