1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Games - hellacious skateboard crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Jake Brown on the monster skateboard pipe just slammed to the deck from 30 or 40 feet up on ESPN. Not moving. They cut to a commercial pretty quick.

And holy shit, he just stood up and is walking off on his own. Unbelievable.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Re: X Games - I think that dude just got killed

He's fine.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Skateboarders have no bones... kinda like invertebrae...

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Skateboarders are tremendous athletes. They grow up bouncing right off concrete and metal. It's impressive to watch.

5. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Dear God, how is that guy walking right now? I wonder if ESPN is worried they might someday show a live death in the X games?

6. Inky_Wretch

I don't know how he's walking either. He was 15 feet or so above the lip of the pipe, which is about 25 feet above the deck. He landed right on the flat part. Something HAS to be broken on that guy.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think this might top Carey Hart's failed back flip a few years ago. That one hurt to watch because it took so long for him to hit the ground. Just watching, I was like "Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow."

8. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

after watching that happen, I a little scared of watching the Moto X or whatever they call this. Some dude is apparently about to try a double back flip. Can't even immagine if that was a loved one or a friend what you'd be thinking before they go.

9. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

probably not. Good point

10. Inky_Wretch

Dear ESPN,

I know the X Games isn't staffed by any serious broadcasters, but for the love of Tony Hawk how about an update on the condition of that skateboarder!?!

Sincerely,

Somebody wondering who the Hell is producing this coverage

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

link to the crash?

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I was front row at the X-Games. It was an intense crash. The crowd was silent for minutes until he got up.

Draft saved Draft deleted