1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

X Factor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 22, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh, and to underscore that this ISN'T American Idol, Simon wears a white V-neck instead of black.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

He wore a charcoal one last night, so maybe this is leading to an American Idol/X Factor Challenge show next year.

3. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Shows like this are why I don't spend more time with my wife. I can at least get through Survivor or the Amazing Race, where people are doing something than bad karaoke. How many singing shows is this now? Too many.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Lucky lady.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

That and about 75 pounds.

And let's be honest. If it's Pepsi or Coke in those cups, it's also got a shot of something.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know how anybody with a modicum of gray matter can watch these singing "talent" shows. Or dancing ones for that matter. The New York Times devoted about 30 inches today to "Dancing With the Stars." The next minute of that drivel I watch will be the first. Do yourselves all a favor and turn off this garbage. It's rotting your brains, note by note.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Hey, if I watch it, it's on DVR and I ff through it until I see something that looks like a freak show.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, Dick, can you just try NOT judging people for finding entertainment in something easy? When I watch TV, or movies, I usually want to escape the shithole that is my life. So I'm sorry if I don't to watch a dramatic reading of Stephen Hawking's dissertation. I just want to watch people sing, or dance. It's not fucking rotting my brain.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I am so sick of the line of thinking Dick is espousing. It's lazy, judgmental crap. It's shit somebody who watches the X Factor would supposedly say. Because it's stupid.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

The evidence of this show's appeal is evident in the fact that since it aired last night, not one comment has been made about the auditions that were shown.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I didn't wade through the new TV show thread, so this may have been addressed, but who's still watching?

I find the talent pool to be very shallow.

The only singers I like are Dawn, Melanie Amaro and Marcus Canty.

And the bickering among the judges seems forced.

Draft saved Draft deleted