1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wynalda tell hime Rome to suck his ****!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Slydell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I'd be willing to bet they have more worldly views of things, as opposed to myopic scope of looking at life...

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Go away, troll. Chuck has no time for you today.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

So just because your mom dosn't know who Wade and 'Bron are means that everyone dosn't know who they are?
    Come on now. Ya'll really think Beckam is more popular than LeBron over here? Hell, it's just in the name. The uniqueness of the name LeBron is enough.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, it was cute yesterday.... ;)

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Time for you to tap out, Chuck.

This argument is long since lost.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't think you get it, Chuck. Becks transcends sports. He's famous for being famous at this point, which is why people, esp. women, who could care less about sports know who he is.

And there are a lot of people who don't know who Dwyane and LeBron are. Not everyone is as consumed by sports as those of us on this board are.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Blah..blah...blah...non-sports fans? The same kind of people who knew who William Perry was but not Walter Payton. Nice for them.

Great. Y'all go on loving soccer. I'll go on my merry way being bored by it and never watching unless it is for work. Deal?

8. Chuck~Taylor

And everyone knows who Beckam is(in the US)? Yeah, he transcends sports. But so does 'Bron.

P.S. Rasputin, I'm far from tapping out.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Who the hell is Beckam?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Oops, my bad. Beckham.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, to baseball.

But Chuck was saying basketball had surpassed the popularity of soccer in some areas of the world outside the USA.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Again, "some areas" dosn't mean the whole country. In time, it'll be apart of the culture.

Draft saved Draft deleted