1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wynalda tell hime Rome to suck his ****!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bob Slydell, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Not sure if this is a D_B, but just heard this on Jim Rome and had to take a look. Very nice way to publicize your sport there drunkard!

And yes, soccer does suck.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

a) Jim Rome sucks. He's not funny. He's not insightful. He's not really anything.

b) Wynalda is correct. If marketed properly soccer would take off. It already garners great ratings. The MLS just needs to get a piece of those ratings and it will move forward.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Rome sucks ass. Of course, in my market, he's on against Cowherd. TGFiPod.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I diagree, people just don't like soccer. It doesn't matter how you try to market it. It's just not a sport people in America like. It's boring and not a lot happens. I actually loathe it on a personal level. And I've never seen where soccer gets great ratings. Maybe for some world cup matches, but that's it.

And I happen to love Rome I think he' svery funny most of the time. And since our other choice in Cowherd, thank God he is on.

Oh, and woops on getting the headline screwed up. I'm all messed up on cough syrup.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good to see that you are blessed with faith, my man.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Rack 'em.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How many decades are we going to have to hear that crap about the big soccer boom that is coming before people actually get it through their heads that it is not coming?

And I can't stand Rome. He's not funny and he repeats himself constantly.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bless Eric Wynalda. I liked the man before, and to read that he told Jim Rome where to go vaults him even higher in my book.

Wynalda and Jim Everett should take Rome out back behind the bar and read him the riot act.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

That Everett-Rome clip still makes me laugh to this day. I bet Rome thought he'd never get out of his chair.

Good for JimChris.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This has been done to death before but... You are blinded by your dislike. In another thread it was proven that a soccer game on a Spanish language cable channel outdrew the NBA on ABC and the NHL on CBS for a Sunday afternoon.

Check the weekly ratings for Telefutura or Univision when they are replaying games that occurred over the weekend and compare them to the NBA on TNT or NHL on Vs. Again, you will find legit numbers despite the fact that that the games are shown on channels that don't even speak the language that the majority of Americans do.

Once you take a look at that, you can come back and spit out the bile about the sport being boring and "nobody" caring.

And here is another quick note: Let me know how many channels are created for the sole purpose of bringing MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL and NASCAR coverage 24-hours a day. Now compare that those created for soccer.

I work wonders with Holy Water.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And yet, Pastor, the mainstream in this country still doesn't give a shit (about soccer, not the Holy Water).

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted