1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WXPN (Philly) 885 Greatest Artists of All-Time Poll

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Oct 23, 2006.

1. yeah, until you actually listen to it

WXPN sucks

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When I lived in SJ, I used to listen to XPN all the time.
    Great radio station.

3. fletch b. fletch

fletch b. fletch New Member

I agree with Buck, WXPN is the best station in America. Where else can you hear all these different artists on one radio station? And commercial free too?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Temple used to have a good jazz station. Is that still around?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ryan Adams ahead of Louie Armstrong is the funniest thing I've read here, maybe ever.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Whoever made this list sure knows their stuff. ::) ::) ::)

The Beach Boys are only one spot better than Phish?

Matchbox 20 -- MATCHBOX FUCKING 20 !!!!!! -- is more important to pop music than Michael Jackson?

Los Lonely Boys, A.F.I, K.T. Tunstall :)o) and hundreds more are ahead of Cheap Trick?

I realize music is a subjective thing, but this is just ridiculous. Someone at www.xponentialmusic.org needs shot.

7. August West

August West Member

885 greatest artists of all-time and no mention of leonardo da vinci or picasso?

bogus

8. sheos

sheos Member

Shows how much sleepovers with young boys hurts your image. I bet Mark Foley's dropped on the most popular congressman list as well.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

no, because so many can't even fucking read

it's a poll of the listeners. so, really, it's not even close to anyone's opinion. it's a group of stupid people who answer these things. someone complaining it being 885 and not understanding why (oh, i dunno, maybe because it's 88.5 fm)

and, well, because so many are so intent on showing their musical ignorance in public

10. pallister

pallister Guest

That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Draft saved Draft deleted