1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WWJD: The President at the National Prayer Breakfast

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not sponsored by our government.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He's right on both counts.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's one of those difficult-to-avoid banquets where you end up into buying a table to two and then can't find enough people to fill the seats.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At least he attended, that'll prevent the GOP Derp Squad of raising a stink about him being a MOOOOOOSLIM. For about five seconds, maybe.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I just hope he didn't make any jokes as bad as the "spilled milk" one in the SOTU. More than a week later, that one still makes me cringe.

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

YF - Maybe conservatives should follow Obama's lead and explain how their political beliefs jibe with their theology. Oh, right, that's what issues like THE GAYS are for. Shiny objects, extracted from a few isolated verses, designed to distract attention from the fact that, in the realm of social radicals, the Jesus portrayed in the Bible would have made Saul Alinsky look like Bob fucking Dole. What was Jesus if not a "bleeding heart?" I know, I know - it's much more comfortable not to challenge your beliefs. Ignorance is bliss and all.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ragu would be all up in Jesus' grill about inflation.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And knew he was going to get it. His fatalism was legendary.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh hell no it won't, in fact now they're all loosing their minds about how "uppity" he is to get up and speak when everybody knows he isn't a Christian anyway.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Wilhelm Cuno agrees.

Draft saved Draft deleted