1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WWJD? He'd keep teachers broke for the sake of the kids

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Feb 2, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least that's gospel according to Alabama (of course) State Senator Shadrack McGill, R-Woodville.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/shadrack-mcgill-alabama-teacher-pay-bible_n_1247765.html

Fortunately, McGill has the kind of experience you would want for a man making such weighty pronouncements. I present his biography from the state legislature website, verbatum.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"You wunt munney? Be a bidness man like me."

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Cut teacher salaries to zero, and you will attract only people who are really, really "called" to constantly be around young people.

Like him:

[​IMG]

Great idea, fuckstick.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Between the daily gaffes by the GOP presidential candidates and the local guys/gals, we probably could have a running "Stupid Things GOP Politicians Say" thread.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Even cyberspace would run out of room.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Republican party guiding principles: Slash, burn, repeat.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Make fun of McGill all you want, but his ideas on teachers have been espoused by members of this board - vigorously and emotionally. And not just by right-leaning members of this board, either.

And it's also a bedrock principle of the journalism industry, propagated for generations by bean counters. It's not a true "calling" unless you are always teetering on bankruptcy.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We'll include those loons in the group we make fun of.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I lived (and worked) in Jackson County at one time. This guy is a tool from the back of the shed. I mean, a real pompous jerk, too. I wouldn't have voted him for dog-catcher. How he wins in a notoriously Dem. county, I'll never know.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I wonder what the salary threshold is for making the determination if someone is called to serve in public office.

11. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Back when I used to cover local pols like this maroon (and not making very much money) I never thought I should actually become a politician. Now, I would gladly take their 30 grand and spout off what I ever I felt like. "McGovern would have been better in '72!"

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

better rewards lawmakers and makes them less susceptible to being swayed by lobbyists...

Im-fucking-possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted