1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WWJB?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jason Haupricht, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Who would Jesus Bomb?

I was sitting in church on Easter Sunday, and a multimedia presentation reminded us about Jesus teaching us to love thy enemy. I have heard this theology hundreds of times, but for some reason it stuck with me a little more this time around. Show me anywhere in the New Testament where Jesus condones killing anyone for any reason. Aren't we supposed to turn the other cheek? I consider myself to be a Christian, but I can't identify with the so-called religious right because they aren't practicing true Christianity. True Christianity, although I hate to label it in secular terms, is a lot more "liberal" than what a lot of people think.

Any thoughts?

2. Drink more rum.

Man, this thread is going to be appearing under my recent thread list for years to come ..

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

bomb the house of the person who came up with the idea to do multi media presentation in church.

was it al gore by chance?

4. What's wrong with a little technology? ;D

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

They probably spoke in English and not Latin too, huh? Damn modern ways creeping into that old-time religion.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, Jesus wasn't chasing the moneychangers around the temple because he wanted to hug them.

So, in his heart then, there was the potential for violence.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jesus in the house

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jesus was a true hippie. He was anti-establishment and a pacifist. If we actually listened to what he had to say, we wouldn't be nearly as fucked up of a country as we are.

9. Yes, but what would he BOMB?

Get with the program SC ... ;D

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He'd bomb banks and other property of the elite of course, if he believed in such nonsense.

Oh, and he'd drive a Prius and key hummers (Hi boom!)

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Correction...

Jesus is the BOMB!

12. [​IMG]

Is this the inspiration for this thread?

Draft saved Draft deleted