1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WWE beat writers?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by housejd, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

The Daily News has The Slammer, who writes a funny column about the WWE.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Bill Apter, of course.

3. gospringboks

gospringboks Member

Radio station where I grew up (top-30 market) had a weekly call-in show about (then) WWF, WCW, etc.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

FOF, you beat me to it!

5. doctor x

doctor x Member

Well, why AREN'T there any, gosh-dang it? Waited 30 minutes for the AP optional on McMahon's death last night, never got it and damn near blew deadline!

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Vince died?

7. housejd

housejd Member

I know it was a ridiculous question to ask, but I had heard some exist. I thought it was a funny thought, a wrestling beat writer. I was just curious.

And yes, the question was serious. I'm pretty sure most people here have asked a ridiculous question every once in a while themselves. Any journalist that gets on another journalist's ass for asking a question should be considered a bit out of the ordinary, I think. After all, isn't part of our job to ask questions if we don't know the answer?

And isn't it possible I was fishing for some names to contact about a story, perhaps? Hmm.

8. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Makes sense that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted