1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTH is happening in Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 17, 2018.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wish I could, Lancey. But I've pretty much divorced myself from anything related to the place since we were outsourced.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the P-G/Guild contract is up?

Bargaining ploy, perhaps?

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

A sign of the times.

4. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

On a comedic note, the site gave me a message that I couldn't see the editorial unless I turned off my ad blocker or put the Post-Gazette on a "white list" for viewing on my computer.

5. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

This is an important thread. To the suits on here, will the Pittsburgh PD decision soon affect all newsrooms? Are the major companies going to drop the Tuesday edition and the Saturday edition? Print five days a week? We know it's all about $$ and it seems to me the higher ups in corporate would be able to get rid of at least 10 people in every newsroom if they cut two days off the schedule for starters. It'd be an easy way to hack 10 more salaries and benefits.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

What he said.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

spikechiquet likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

10. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Everybody needs to read this. This shows you what the suits think of us -- the working class? It makes Fredrick even more upset at himself for working 70 and getting paid for 40 all these years. We take it because it's in our blood. How can John Robinson survive this incident? Half kidding: I bet the paginators got lambasted/reprimanded if the newspaper didn't hit the presses on time despite the rants of the publisher. This is a new one. Putting out a newspaper in the midst of the highest suit's explosive behavior.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Must not be too upset since you won't stop doing it.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Everyone who got fired should show back up for work the next day like Costanza. The guy won’t even remember it.

Fred siegle and Adam94 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted