1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF you talkin about, Hillis? - NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Oct 11, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/10/cleveland_browns_rb_peyton_hil_6.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Really? Your agent? Really?

Poor fing Browns.

2. WTFünke

WTFünke Member

Well, I believe Hillis is only getting paid about $600K this year. Rather than hold out, he's at least playing out his contract ... which is better than what a lot of players --- such as Chris Johnson --- did in his situation.

I don't blame Hillis.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Browns fans outraged to find out Hillis only gives 100% instead of 110%.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Who would have guessed that Niners-Lions would be a big game?

5. 93Devil

I jumped on the bandwagon the second they drafted Fairly. Suh/Fairly cannot be blocked.

Did Johnson take up a roster spot in the regular season a refuse to play?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Lions this season, but that win streak can end on Sunday. :D

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

The Lions are legit. I loved how the MNF announcers kept pointing out how they had nine active defensive linemen so they were fresh all game. I was amazed...never heard of nine active D-linemen. Maybe seven.

Stafford is playing well and their receivers are developing a nice rapport with him. If they can run the ball at all in the playoffs, and everyone stays healthy, they could end up in Indy.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

The Hillis thing has been out there for a week.

That being said, I look forward to the Browns returning to the schedule. I've been too happy lately.

9. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

The Tebow has risen ... oh wait, they're off this week

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Lions' downfall will be their inability to run. They embarrassed a shitty Bears defense, but that's an aberration, and they can't drop back and pass their way to the Super Bowl. They're not the Packers. They don't have the depth to keep pace against a defense that can take Johnson out of the game. I realize that's easier said than done, but I don't think they can get through the playoffs without someone solving Johnson, and then they're screwed. Of coourse, this will all be moot if Stafford gets hurt again.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think Stafford's a hell of a quarterback, but didn't they win their last four last season with Stafford out? Guess I'm saying they might be pretty damn good without him, too.

12. 93Devil

I would start to focus on their defense more. Right now they allow 17.8 points per game and are tied for fourth best in the league.

Everyone thinks offense with this team, but it's their defense that people should really start to pay attention to.

Draft saved Draft deleted