1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF - They Changed The Nicene Creed ??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Part of the reason I stopped going was because of the sameness of every Mass, wedding, funeral, ect. But we recently found a new church where the priest gives pretty good homilies.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boom should be an assignment editor. The Times:

The Times & the Post both did big stories on this. Curious to know if your paper did.

It's an easy enough story to do on a local level.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Big centerpiece on A1 on Saturday morning out here in the local broadsheet.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Much more interesting than a Black Friday or Cyber Monday story.

The Times quoted a guy in his 70s who was "furious" with the change. How furious was he?

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

To be fair to the big papers - while doing nothing to disparage Boom's potential as an assignment editor - the Times and others have been doing stories on this for months.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/12/us/12mass.html?pagewanted=all

6. YankeeFan

I'm sure your probably right, as the Times & Post cover Religion as a full time "beat".

And, I suppose this was the week to run more stories, since it became official this Sunday, while Boom noticed changes that were being phased in in his Parish.

I do think the question of how it was covered around the country is interesting. Local papers don't always have the resources of the big papers, but there's no reason any paper couldn't have written this story.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I know why some local editors aren't onto the story. Some of them have their heads up their asses and don't know what's happening in their town besides reading what is in their own paper.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

At least one of the local stations did this story last night on their 6 and 10 o'clock news. Through my most grievous fault I don't know if the other three stations did a story.

9. YankeeFan

I hardly ever watch the local newscasts, but I did catch the local ABC affiliate's broadcast tonight, and they covered it.

10. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I gotta admit, I'm having a hard time making the switch. Not because I don't remember or anything like that. It just irks me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. YankeeFan

I was lost on Christmas, and my nephew kept looking at me like some old guy who couldn't keep up with a changing world.

Whatever. It's a 2000 year old religion.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted