1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF Jackie Chan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Apr 20, 2009.

1. http://tinyurl.com/dkegty

"I’m gradually beginning to feel that we Chinese need to be controlled," Chan told a business forum in the southern Chinese province of Hainan. "If we’re not being controlled, we’ll just do what we want."

Like sing awful music or start their own clothing line? God forbid, they have the same choices.

2. Wow. My topics aren't getting a lotta love today. I suck.

3. You do suck, WB. You need to be controlled so you won't make such bad choices.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Jackie Chan isn't the only one that feels this way. In fact this is a very common thought amongst Chinese people, particularly those that live in very urban cities.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What is the thought? That the people need to be controlled by the government? Or that China needs to be controlled by outside influences?

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The people need to be controlled by the government...
    Look at his statement, “If we’re not being controlled, we’ll just do what we want."

I know that he’s not well known for his English skills. However, his intent is that the people will up and start taking disastrous actions. It isn’t a nation that thrives and pushes for creativity. It isn’t a nation that pushes leadership first.

They refuse to look back at their own negative history. We look back and feel shame for the years in which slavery was a regular practice. They look back at Tienmien Square and think the government was correct.

Draft saved Draft deleted