1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is wrong with VH1?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I really like VH1 Classic, but I'm ticked they don't show The Alternative anymore.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This is what we're heading for -- the end of the universe, courtesy of VH1

3. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

So he can relive the days when his rat tail was kind of in style.

FACE!

4. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

A couple months ago I flipped past Vh-1 and they actually had an excellent documentary on The Who. Of course, it was on at about 11 p.m. on a Saturday night.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1. Clip shows have been a drag almost since inception.
    2. This same network was doing a weekly series that was a clip-show retrospective of the previous week.
    3. Why does anyone pine for music videos?

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That was good. The Who Rock Honors comes on July 17.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

VH1 flamed out with "The Best Day Ever", a 15-minute recap of the day in celeb news and pop culture.
    There is a quote somewhere that said: Comedy equals tragedy plus time. It's fun to look back on OP shorts and Evel Kneivel stunt bikes, not so much about American Idol becoming a hit, Ugg boots or Blue Tooths.

8. JLaff

JLaff Guest

You have to wonder if eventually, these "nostalgia" shows will catch up to themselves and they'll wax poetic about something that happened an hour before the taping. Will they predict the 10s next? I'd rather see that.

9. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that one.

VH-1 used to air a Legends special on Keith Moon that was an absolute riot. I haven't seen it in years. They used to run that and the Stevie Ray Vaughan Legends episode constantly, but I haven't seen them in years.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If Maria Menounos comes back, VH1 can do whatever they want.

[​IMG]

11. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Are they doing the World Series of Pop Culture again this year? I was a big fan of the first two tournaments.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

It was a hell of a week for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted