1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is wrong with VH1?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dreunc1542, Jun 23, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was just flipping through the channels and when I came across VH1 I saw that they are running an I Love the New Millenium program. It's the same idea as their I love the 70s, 80s and 90s programs. There's one big problem, though, the decade isn't even fucking over yet. This is just absolutely pathetic. VH1 and MTV are now the two worst stations on television by extremely large margins. Their reality programs are even worse than the crappy ones every other channel runs.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Do they still play videos?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Very late at night and very early in the morning.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If I tried to list everything wrong with VH1, I'd wreck Webby's server. And then where would we be?

It was good when it used this logo:

[​IMG]

Sucks now.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

HA! I mentioned this to someone over the weekend. you'd think they'd wait til, you know, NEW YEARS DAY 2010 to unveil a look back at RIGHT NOW.

I'd give them some credit for being ironic, but I don't think they're that smart. So I guess, come New Year's Day 2010, we'll get I STILL LOVE THE MILLENIUM. Douchebags. Play videos.

6. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides New Member

Well, it's either this or a "Flavor of Love 3" marathon, so take your pick.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

MTV and VH1 have been completely destroyed by the cancer of the fucking reality shows.

For about 10 years, I had MTV on probably 16 hours a day; I haven't watched 60 seconds of MTV in 10 years. If the cable company went to a la carte channel lineups, I'd dump it without a thought.

VH1 Classic is tolerable sometimes, but is also being destroyed as the two parent channels were by the malignant reality show plague.

8. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I went on this rant tonight while watching "The Wedding Singer." Mostly because of the ridiculous, annoying pop-up ad they had during the show to promote it, but really - we've still got two damn years left.

Next thing we know, it's going to be "I Love The Third Week Of June 2008"

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

But they'll come up with a catchy tune that sticks in your head. I still get that stupid: I love the 80s...Strikes Back tune stuck in my head.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Were you even BORN in the 80s?

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I had 3 solid years. And I know enough of the pop culture to get most of the jokes. I was pretty lost the few times I watched I love the 70s, though. Plus, I'll basically watch anything with Michael Ian Black in it.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Aside from your wingspan.

Draft saved Draft deleted