1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is with all the NASCAR coverage!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sports scrub, Feb 16, 2007.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

NBA All-Stars are on TNT.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

OK, I'll admit I'm not an NBA fan and I just showed it. ABC/ESPN does NBA games, though.

3. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

True enough.

4. ondeadline

How about all this "Field Pass" crap looking at NFL teams. Can't we give the NFL a rest during the offseason, please?

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I said that last year. There was no offseason because it never fucking went away.

As a result, I was sick of the NFL by the time the season started and I never really got into it. It looks like it's going to be that away again this offseason -- and I can already see myself not being into it next season. It's too much, too much.

6. ondeadline

For those of us who aren't big NFL fans, it's extremely frustrating to have it shoved down our throat all year.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Never heard NASCAR discussed in mainstream sports media, i.e. ESPN Radio, for any length until Dale Earnhardt died. Now it's at a saturation point.

8. Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but anyone else think it's weird watching Brad Daugherty doing NASCAR commentary.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It is different, but he is pretty high up in the NASCAR world.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think there is far, far too much javelin throwing on TV these days.

11. Yeah, I must have missed all that when it happened. Certainly is different, but every time I catch hime, he certainly seems to know what he is talking about.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Personally, I think we need some more kitty-tossing. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted