1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is it with Michigan State football coaches??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

If Dantonio wants to be concerned about something, perhaps he shoud tell those pinheads that if they were that focused during the game, they'd have no need to serve as party police to make sure the other team celebrated its victory with class.

Like several others have said, if you don't like the way the other team celebrates its win over you, make sure it doesn't happen.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spoken like a true insecure Sparty, who is more fixated on what Michigan does than what Sparty doesn't... ;)

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Izzo answered the Rose/Webber ass-wiping incident the only way you can answer things like that: by beating U-M about 135-63 a few seasons later.

4. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

And that's what MSU football should be doing as well. I'm not questioning that at all. I thought John L. was an idiot for not learning his lessons after numerous collapses in games as well as in seasons, and Dantonio seemed like he was going to be that way as well when he was interviewed before the Notre Dame game this year about whether he was worried about what the Irish were going to do and he responded with a simple -- we don't worry about other teams, we just worry about playing like we should. That's the attitude Dantonio should have. I'm not defending the reaction. I'm just saying Hart is an ass for making a comment like that after his last game against a team.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Michigan State and its fans = biggest bunch of whiners in America

6. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Wow. Is there really that much anti-Michigan State sentiment nation-wide? Honestly, I had no idea people hated Michigan State so much.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's not "hate" -- you have to matter to be truly hated (see Notre Dame, Yankees, etc etc).

It's kind of bemused exasperation at a slapdick operation which seems to do the same really stupid things over and over and over.

At least from everything I read, the whole idea of hiring Dantonio was to dispel the borderline-lunatic image John L. Smith had created with his face-slapping and offseason trips to Mount Kilamanjaro, and to bring in somebody who was serious about coaching football.

But instead, they've got a guy who is apparently obsessing and whining over the game from last Saturday and paying little or no attention to the game coming up THIS Saturday. And they wonder why they're always disorganized and unprepared on the field and completely collapse at the first hint of adversity.

8. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Nice answer to an honest question. I'm really trying to learn why the hatred of MSU is prevalent. I can somewhat understand the football program getting a bad image, but is that carried over to basketball as well? And if MSU football doesn't matter, as Starman says, why does anyone care enough to have hatred for them?

9. Lester Bangs

I can think of dozens of programs with fans who whine more. The list starts with Notre Dame.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

At least Notre Dame has a national championship in the past 20 years.

11. Lester Bangs

So, that gives them carte blanch to be a bunch of whiny bitches?

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No, but it's a touch less annoying than Sparty.

Draft saved Draft deleted