1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is it with Michigan State football coaches??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 5, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You know, I don't think it matters who the coach is in East Lansing, Sparty is a chronic underachiever and will always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.

The culture up there is something else to behold.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I wish I remember the exact quote Herbstreit fired off against State when they choked against Notre Dame last year, but it was classic.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Herbstreit's quote was after the big Notre Dame comeback against Sparty last year: "When you play Michigan State, you know you've always got a chance."

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

He said something about Sparty and 40 years. "This is why Michigan State has been irrelevant for 40 years," or something like that.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Evasion. Of. Personal. Responsibility.

Instead of asking the coaches and players how they blew a 10-point lead in the final six minutes of the game, let's piss and moan about Michigan's players laughing on the sidelines.

Instead of thinking about how maybe they could beat Purdue (they won't; the Boilers will throw for 800 yards against their toilet-paper defense) let's piss and moan about what Mike Hart supposedly said after the game.

Dantonio making snotty remarks about Hart being a "little brother" is especially hilarious (as well as being borderline racist). As noted above, Hart ran for almost 700 yards in four games against Sparty, including about 120 in about 35 minutes of action Saturday.

Whining sniveling bitches.

7. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Born and bred Michigan Stater here. I've long been disgusted with the football program, yet I still get excited about it every year when they jump out to a 5-0 start then go 1-6 the rest of the way.

Hart's comments, to me, were B.S. Rather than giving credit to a team that gave Michigan all it could handle before losing, Hart shows he's a perfect Michigan player/coach/fan when he acts like MSU had no chance to win the game and refuses to give any credit to them. Should Dantonio gotten his panties in a bunch because of it? Of course not. Should he try to figure out how to keep his team from collapsing just like it has the last few years? Hell yeah.

But don't excuse Hart's comments (he called MSU a little brother, not the other way around) because MSU sucks or can't focus on what it should. Hart showed the true arrogant attitude at Michigan, like when Webber and Rose decided to wipe their asses on MSU's logo on the basketball court after beating them way back when.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The one I remember is after yet another bone-headed play, he said "This is why you're Michigan State."

Here they are protecting the 50-yard-line logo from an ND team that never thought about doing anything to it in the first place:

[​IMG]

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God.

When a player (Hart) goes 4-0 against an opponent in his college career, rushing for almost 700 yards in the four games, he has earned the right to say anything he damn well pleases about the opponent, up to and including, "suck it, my bitches."

And the opponent has no right to say anything than "Yes Sir, Mr. Hart. Congratulations on your fine career and good luck in the NFL."

If Sparty wanted to shut Hart up, they had four years to do it and never came close.

Oh yes. After another double-digit lead blown in the fourth quarter. Truly inspiring.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What a great photo, Finish.

11. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

Well sure he has the right to do it. Should he? I guess it depends on what side you're on. If you're a Yankees fan, or fan of any team other than the Red Sox, do you look kindly on the Red Sox saying, "suck it, my bitches"? Of course not.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So what? Don't like it? Then sack up and do something about it.

With 700 yards in four games he can say anything he wants.

Draft saved Draft deleted