1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF is Black Label Society?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 14, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The days of animated commercials with 60-second songs are sadly a thing of the past. I could watch those kinds of commercials for hours. That was a great one, JR. Nice find.

2. mmmm, Carling Bassett.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Am I the only SJer with Black Label Society apparel? I hope not.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

So we've established that it's a band.
    We're up to 1-and-a-half pages and still no clarification or explanation on "Black Label Society"-labeled clothing.
    Does anyone know what that's all about?

It just seems like a lot of post-padding around here.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Like I said earlier, Black Label Society took its name from a biker gang from Brooklyn. It appears that the band has brought that full circle, with its apparel being worn by bikers.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The sad part is, I was actually a kid when these things ran. :)

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey Mabel, make it a Black Label. I could never understand the resurgence in popularity that stuff had. All the stuff Carling produces now is heinous.

Last I heard, Carling Bassett was still married to fellow tennis player Robert Seguso. She's been out of sight for ages now, at one time she was on TV or in the paper all the time.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you wearing the denim vest with the top and bottom rockers ala a biker gang's colors?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hard to believe but Carling's owned about HALF the beer market with this back in the 50's and 60's.

[​IMG]

Now, that is swill.

Brick Brewery bought it and even sells it in the old "stubby" bottles.

Draft saved Draft deleted