1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF happened to Syracuse football??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 31, 2007.

1. T2

T2 Member

I remember sitting on one of those slabs, left center of the picture, as a student in 1969. But I think the covered grandstand on the other side of the field was before my time.

About the uniforms: just because the school colors are orange and blue doesn't mean those should be the only colors on the uni. You've got to include some white, or your players are going to look like bruised pumpkins.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. patchs

patchs Active Member

For the record, Gross was at the game and not the tennis.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I watched every bit of last night's debacle, the lone Cuse fan in a bar full of gold and black. I've only been following the Cuse since the early 90s so I missed the pre-McPherson years, which I'm told were pretty lean. That said, this is the worst Orangemen (amen, FarmerJ) team I've seen, worse than the bunch that went 1-10 two years ago.

Patrick Reusse covered a Minnesota-Wisconsin game in 1990 and penned these lines, which could describe the Orangemen last night: "[Syracuse] showed absolutely no evidence whatsoever that it was capable of winning the game."

I'd still like to see Robinson allowed to honor the five years of his contract -- to my way of thinking (which shows why I'll never be a sports executive) it's just the right thing to do. But watching this team is excruciating.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Ditto that, right down to Robinson not leaving. There's a part of me that thinks he can turn things around.

However, this team is so awful I'm glad the game was on the radio and not on the television.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Help is on the way!

Someone from my little hometown, a family friend and a HS classmate of my little brother, just got promoted to SU's director of communications. My brush with Orange fame.

Sorry Pete I still hope UB kicks your ass.

6. farmerjerome

Preps. That's where the state championships are held, and most of the playoffs. It must be about 30 degrees in there.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Pete's as good as they come.
    And he married a classmate of mine.
    But was he promoted or did he get a title change?
    Sue Cornelius-Edson is listed as an asst. AD/AC.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid. just makin' sure you weren't driving to watch jb's alma mater.

9. farmerjerome

I'd still go if I had the cash. I'm not too happy that they raised ticket prices.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

WTF happened to Louisville football??

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Michael Bush and Bobby Petrino moved on to bigger and better things.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

THIS IS INTRAMURALS ---- ITS THE BIG EAST!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted