1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF happened to Syracuse football??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 31, 2007.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Um... NO!!!

:)

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

UConn locked up Edsall with a fat contract extension after P was canned. They knew Edsall would probably be SU's top choice.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

TSP, I'm not sure what Dome you're going to, but I'm always freezing my ass of at the Dome. Just because the stadium is owned by Carrier doesn't mean they have to air condition it in the middle of winter.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so what team are you going to watch play there? you can't seriously telling us you're going to watch JB's alma mater.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

It is getting UGLY on the syracuse.com su football forum.
    The fans actually wish for the days of Paul Pasqualoni.
    That's how bad it is.
    And SU's AD?
    He's at the US Open.
    Tell ya one thing, you'd never see Jake Crouthamel at a tennis tournament instead of a football game.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

If it's as bad as I've seen tonight, Greg Robinson ain't gonna be around long.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The basketball program figured that out a long time ago.

No wonder Syracuse chickened out of playing at Wyoming in 2009. They are truly pitiful and this is one NYS ex-pat who loves every minute of it. I hope UB kicks their butts.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

They've got Buffalo at home, Miami of Ohio away and Connecticut away. Those are the only three games they have even a prayer of winning, and I don't like their chances in either road game. It's damn difficult to go winless in a major conference, but I think the Orange just might manage.

OK, they have Illinois at home next week. Still.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Ron Zook is going to make Greg Robinson look like a deer in the headlights. And Zook always look like a guy who looks like a deer in the headlights.

Iowa manhandled them and did it in a workman-like manner: no fucking frills as they are known to do. I like Christensen behind center, as long as the o-line doesn't have anyone go down with an injury.

'Cuse should be calling Dick MacPherson to come back and coach this team.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

The Big East called and wants to know if the ACC still wants the 'Cuse?

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I said this two weeks ago. At this point, I'd be damn glad to swap East Carolina with the Cuse. With Pitt, UConn, Louisville, WVU with Huggins and a rejuvenated Georgetown we really dont need Boewhine and his collection of slaps anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted