1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF happened to Syracuse football??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 31, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Awful uniforms:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Awful team: Getting p0wned by Washington, which has won eight games the last three years; no winning record since 2001 after 15 straight winning seasons; gone from the home of Donovan McNabb, Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Art Monk, Larry Csonka, Floyd Little to the home of no one anyone has ever heard of. Total irrelevance on the national scene.

Awful home field: huge, hot, muggy,

[​IMG]

Suck it, Syracuse!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

While the Dome does suck in terms of comfort, the atmosphere is incredible when there's something to cheer about, which obviously there isn't much football-wise at the moment. I was at a basketball game once with 32-35,000 people. Unreal experience.

As for the football team, Pasqualoni's last few recruiting classes were terrible and Robinson has done nothing to make it better, obviously. Robinson is far too defensive-minded and the offense has been an atrocity because of it.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I guess the Carousel Mall isn't quite the attraction it used to be.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Greg Robinson happened.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Good....God! Is Illinois breaking out their orange tomorrow against Mizzou? I thought those were bad.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Syracuse football: All Orange, no men.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

No basketball game should ever be played in a dome.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I liked the old jerseys. Simple, classy.

[​IMG]

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

"Does this orange make me look bloated?"

[​IMG]

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

Here's looking at another overfed orange team losing Saturday night in Berkeley.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well played.
    Saw the Sweet 16/ Elite 8 in the Dome. It was an absolute blast. Campus was nice, but entire town needed a new coat of paint. Or 30.

12. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

I watching the re-broadcast right now -- Greg Robinson has really turned this program into a joke. I said he was a bad hire at the time when he was hired and I think the administration needs to cut this thing off before he turns this once-proud program into SUNY-Buffalo, which got mauled yesterday by Rutgers.

Draft saved Draft deleted