1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF: David Spade's Direct TV commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 22, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was that--Spade saying that since he doesn't have DirectTV he's stuck watching one of his movies with Farley, who is conducting a scene as Spade talks to the camera--the creepiest, most inexplicable thing ever or what? I thought Spade was so upset over Farley's death he couldn't attend the funeral. Guess he could profit from it, though.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well it's been a while. Pain fades.

Money is forever! (Unless it's mine)

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I guess they got so much heat over last year's creepy ad they decided never to do such a thing again: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/61972/

At least David Spade shaved for this commercial.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On a related note, I heard Steve Phillips had an affair with Chris Farley.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was the Tubby Tempter.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Hefty Home Wrecker

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

God that is awesome, you farging cork soaker.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm less concerned with the corporate pissing on the dead as I am that someone thought it was a good idea that David Spade could move some product.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I caught a Howard Stern episode, (when it was on E) and Stern was talking to this chick the show arranged to get Playboy to shoot. Stern said, now I hope you've taken all our advice, if you're going to hook up with a celebrity make sure its someone like Clooney, Bruce Willis or Jerry Buss, someone with a lot of cash, and not some loser like Judd Nelson, Scott Baio or David Spade.
    The girl says "well, um....I have seen an actor a couple of times." Stern said no, no, no. And she said yeah, I met Spade at the mansion, and we hung out a bit. He was funny.
    It turns out Spade is now the chick's baby daddy - she's back home on some farm somewhere - so I figure the Direct TV ad was for the kid's college/bail fund.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A quick Google reveals that she also dated Pauly Shore. No standards, evidently.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Wait a second, Clooney, Bruce Willis or Jerry Buss??

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Jillian Grace. She might not have standards, but she's a beauty.

[​IMG]

She was the centrefold in the Debbie Gibson issue. Or so I heard. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted