1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF: David Spade's Direct TV commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Oct 22, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Was that--Spade saying that since he doesn't have DirectTV he's stuck watching one of his movies with Farley, who is conducting a scene as Spade talks to the camera--the creepiest, most inexplicable thing ever or what? I thought Spade was so upset over Farley's death he couldn't attend the funeral. Guess he could profit from it, though.
  2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well it's been a while. Pain fades.

Money is forever! (Unless it's mine)
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I guess they got so much heat over last year's creepy ad they decided never to do such a thing again: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/61972/

At least David Spade shaved for this commercial.
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

On a related note, I heard Steve Phillips had an affair with Chris Farley.
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was the Tubby Tempter.
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Hefty Home Wrecker
  7. BYH

BYH Active Member

God that is awesome, you farging cork soaker.
  8. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I'm less concerned with the corporate pissing on the dead as I am that someone thought it was a good idea that David Spade could move some product.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I caught a Howard Stern episode, (when it was on E) and Stern was talking to this chick the show arranged to get Playboy to shoot. Stern said, now I hope you've taken all our advice, if you're going to hook up with a celebrity make sure its someone like Clooney, Bruce Willis or Jerry Buss, someone with a lot of cash, and not some loser like Judd Nelson, Scott Baio or David Spade.
    The girl says "well, um....I have seen an actor a couple of times." Stern said no, no, no. And she said yeah, I met Spade at the mansion, and we hung out a bit. He was funny.
    It turns out Spade is now the chick's baby daddy - she's back home on some farm somewhere - so I figure the Direct TV ad was for the kid's college/bail fund.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

A quick Google reveals that she also dated Pauly Shore. No standards, evidently.
  11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Wait a second, Clooney, Bruce Willis or Jerry Buss??
  12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Jillian Grace. She might not have standards, but she's a beauty.

She was the centrefold in the Debbie Gibson issue. Or so I heard. ;D
Draft saved Draft deleted