1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTF, Avery?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Pocket Aces

Pocket Aces Guest

I thought Sefko handled it well, considering Avery was being an unneccesary dickhead to him.

The "don't stutter" line was bush. Avery owes him an apology.

2. Yeah, for some reason, "don't stutter" turns it from an uneasy confrontation to a jackass move from a pissed-off coach.

3. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

The "don't stutter" thing is what irritates me, too. Total bullshit, which if I am Sefko is the first thing I tell Avery when we're alone. I don't know if they've been having problems this year, but that was inappropriate.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hey Avery, who's stuttering now?  ;D

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Other than the "dopnt stutter" bit, I dont have a problem with his reaction. I might not like to be put in that spot, but I understand what he's doing too.

6. cortez

cortez Member

What's worse, stuttering or having a voice like my little sister

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Like everyone else here, I had the biggest problem with the "don't stutter" remark. What do you think the reaction would be if Sefko had said, "Only if you stop talking like my little sister"? Does a reporter have a right to say anything like that if he's insulted in such a way? Would his or her credentials get revoked?

8. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

I don't blame Sefko for not coming up with the perfect answer on the spot, but his response to Avery should have been something like, "I don't want to appear to be biased either way, so I don't think it's appropriate for me to give an opinion." Every journalist probably ought to be prepared to handle a situation like that, where the subject turns his question back on him.

Draft saved Draft deleted