1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WSJ editorial: Boehner and McConnell handing Obama relection

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 21, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The 'global warming' angle regarding this proposed massive release of carbon into the atmosphere is severely underplayed. I realize nearly everyone is comfortable being in the denial camp and that we're pretty much screwed anyway, but pushing for an accelerated collapse just so we can secure a few more years of affordable energy from fossil fuels is just a sad way to go out.

2. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

True, but back then Iran was the immediate enemy and Iraq was fighting a war with Iran. Ergo, Saddam Hussein was an ally.

Actually, we provided support to both Saddam Hussein and (covertly) to Iran because we feared that whichever country lost their war would become a void the Soviets - ie, Communism - would swoop in to fill. And the reds were the biggest enemy of all.

Politics is so wonderful, isn't it?

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What amazes me about this thread is that it took me 93 posts to notice the typo in the title.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's cause it's not a typo; I'm Southern.

Draft saved Draft deleted