1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WSJ Blog- Daily Fix- picks top columns of 2006

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Big_Space, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

<a href="http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/public/article/SB116673133440057042-F8Q5WlUviG9Yuzs1EpmSOCIgUD8_20071228.html?mod=blogs">Best of 2006 </a>

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It's an interesting list, with a couple of people I have never read, and have barely heard of.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The column from the Times of London was very good.

4. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

That Simmons one is classic. I forgot about it. That should make BASW, no joke.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Wow, that Michael Lewis story about Michael Oher...amazing. Talk about a kid you really root for. That's got "inspirational Disney movie" written all over it.

6. estreetfan75

estreetfan75 Member

I hadn't seen the Simmons piece until this link. Incredibly funny. I wish he would do that more often, say an owners meeting with those from the Cardinals, Redskins, Bengals, other sucky owners.

I have a hard time counting the Lewis story since it was adapted by a book. But the book was very interesting.

7. Janie_Jones

Janie_Jones Member

Did anyone else find the Michael Lewis piece just the slightest bit creepy? The cover, I remember, was especially weird -- one big black dude surrounded by a covey of smiling white folk. The whole thing gave off a heavy Pygmalion vibe.

Draft saved Draft deleted