1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writing ruts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by -Scoop-, Jun 25, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Just like Lucy, five cents.

2. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I agree with Fish. Also - Get a good night's sleep. You'll be amazed what happens when you're rested and thinking clearly.

I also tend to be sharper when I go to the gym consistently.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm available if you need help :D.

4. -Scoop-

-Scoop- Member

I JUST took a vacation...in fact, I return to work tomorrow and when I intially made the post, it was my first day of vacation...so I'm hoping this will be a big help towards curing ills, though I've still blogged and written a few stories while off...

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

no, No, NO, NO. Did I mention, NO!

Gotta draw the line on vacation.

6. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Don't worry about. If mistakes like that get in the paper, it's the desk's fault anyway :)

7. -Scoop-

-Scoop- Member

That's just the thing. We don't have a desk in the traditional sense. We have one copy editor. That's it, and so it's up to myself (the SE) and the reporters to edit, edit, edit when they're done because the CE is busy with all the news stories by the time our stories run. So, while it hasn't been said but heavily implied, the CE is basically the news side's while we just make do with what we have (myself and two reporters).

I'm not using it as an excuse. It is what it is, but they start to really get to me when they build up and such.

Draft saved Draft deleted