1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writing a novel?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jan 10, 2008.

1. I think this thread has existed in some incarnation or another before, but wondering if anyone has ever tried it, as I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

Wondering how long it took, how frustrating and/or enjoyable it was - and whether you were able to get it into print, even tried to get it into print, or whether it's just collecting dust right now?

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I've participated in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) the past three Novembers. I won all three tries (pounding out 50,000 words, or 175 or so pages, in a month).
    I wasn't crazy about the first two final results, but feel I can do something with the '07 effort (a football player gets in all kinds of trouble off the field, personal and political instead of with drugs, alcohol or abusing women). The 175 pages don't make it complete by any means, and it'll probably take a good part of the year to polish before I can think of publishing it.

Draft saved Draft deleted