1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writing a concert preview

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Feb 3, 2014.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I asked if the paper wanted me to review a show coming to town and they said no, but a preview would be great. Sooooo, anyone have tips?

It's a "mega show" with 2 big acts, 2 that are on the same level (up-and-coming types) and a 5th that is known, but not on par with the bigger names.

I've thought of a few angles:
    - Talk to the top acts: Sharing the bill means less stage time, how to condense to give the fans what they want
    - Boring version with preview of all 5 acts with quotes from as many as I can get over the next few weeks about how the tour has been and how they are looking forward to the show
    - Find one little nugget from one of the top acts and expound on it for the whole story and just throw the rest of the bands in as a "oh, by the way..."
    - Focus on the up-and-comers: Get their take on working with bigger names and trying to impress while on the road.

Thoughts?

Draft saved Draft deleted